Regal Hearts : My Interview with Emma

10:35 AM

"Episode" 1 of Regal Hearts by Livy Jarmusch releasing on March 24th (more info at the end of the post) 

Now.....Let's get on with the interview! 



1. Welcome to the blog, Emma! Would you start off by introducing yourself? 
 
Well, for starters my name is Emma. (Which you already knew, I guess!) I live in California with my Mom who is a Talent Scout and Artist Manager. Her job sounds a whole lot more exciting than it actually is. I’m fifteen years old, and madly in love with books. Reading is how I spend the majority of my time, and even though I don’t have a very exciting social life, I am totally okay with it. In fact, I wouldn’t want it any other way. I’m an intense introvert to the core. An official card holder of the Introvert’s Anonymous Club. I don’t like answering the telephone, talking to strangers, mingling at parties, - yeah. 


2. Actually, your Mom’s job does sounds pretty exciting! Have you had any cool experiences in Hollywood, or fangirl moments with your favorite celebrities? 

Mom and I have been in the crazy Hollywood-Star-Making-Machine for a number of years now, and I can’t say that my opinion about the city of stars has changed much since we first moved to Hollywood Blvd. I still pull out my McKayla Maroney face and express the fact that I’m, “Not impressed.” To me, the so called ‘celebrities’ in Hollywood are just like anyone else you run into on the street – they’re not superhuman, and they’re certainly not perfect. Personally, I get irritated with all the fuss and fangirling that happens because the people on your favorite TV show, in the hottest new blockbuster, or cranking out hit singles on the radio, are really not ‘all-that.’ They’re just people. 


3. Do you have any hobbies? How do you like to spend your time?
 
Reading, reading, and more reading. Oh, and I eat cereal too. Just kidding! (Or am I?) Um, hmm…what else do I like to do in my free time? I actually spend a lot of long, laborious hours waiting around with my Mom’s clients on movie sets, so while I’m there, I like to take advantage of the opportunity and learn as much as I can. I’ll admit, as much as I don’t like the hype, hysteria, and drama that life in Hollywood often creates, I do enjoy getting an inside look at everything that happens backstage. I love peeking into hair and makeup wardrobes, and secretly sneaking into the props trailer, overhearing conversations about costumes and set design. The behind the scenes stuff really interests me!

4. What’s your favorite Bible Verse?
 
My favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11. Because Mom and I are on the road so much, I don’t always get to attend our home church. I find that hard, and sometimes my faith struggles from that. I’m really trying to keep God as my focus, and grow in the personal time that I spend with Him, just reading His Word and praying, but I’ll admit that there are days I still fall shamefully short. This verse is just such an amazing reminder that God has good plans for my life, even when I feel like I’m failing Him, or everything has flipped upside down and I can’t seem to make sense of out a situation. “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” That verse always encourages me to trust Him, no matter what.

5. Speaking of a “hope and a future”, do you have any dreams for the future?
 
Yikes. That’s kind of an overwhelming question. At this point, I’m just trying to get through High School. I honestly don’t have a clue what I want to do with my life. I guess that’s where Jeremiah 29:11 comes into play! ;)

6. Do you have any bad habits? And if so, what are they?
 
According to my best friend, I have a lot of bad habits. Reading too much, slouching, being a wallflower in social situations, avoiding all eye contact and conversation with the male species as humanly possibly…yeah, I am a very flawed human being.

7. What gives you joy in life?
 
If I say it one more time, will it be too much? BOOKS.

8. If you could travel the world, where would you go and why?
 
Oooooo good question! Mom and I have traveled quite a bit. I’ve been to Canada several times, because a lot of filming is done up there. I’ve been to London, Paris, and Italy. (Italy was my favorite!) Oh, and we were in South Africa to film as well. But if I could go anywhere, right now, I think I would choose Australia, just because of their epic accents, and I would love to hug a koala bear!
 
Join Emma on her adventures in Regal Hearts!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to the amazing Livy Jarmusch ( founder of Crown of Beauty online magazine for girls ) for letting me be a part of her blog tour for the release of the first "episode" of her digital Kindle book Regal Hearts. So much fun and truly an honor! 


I'm so excited for this and can't wait to read it myself!! 

☁ Keep Dreaming ☁
~ Tierra Rose 🕊

You Might Also Like

3 comments